Program & Communications Coordinator
About the Organization:
Founded in 2016, the Students Learn Students Vote (SLSV) Coalition is a diverse group of over 300 local, state, national, and student nonpartisan organizations working with more than 800 college and university campuses. We’re the national hub and the largest nonpartisan network in the United States dedicated to increasing student voter participation and civic engagement. Through data-driven approaches and by working with organizations, campuses, and individuals, we design and advance a shared agenda around political learning and college student voting. The SLSV Coalition is fiscally sponsored by NEO Philanthropy, Inc., a 501(c)(3) nonprofit.
The SLSV Coalition Program & Communications Coordinator will work closely with the SLSV team and external partners to oversee the daily activities and accomplish the goals of different SLSV Coalition programs – mostly Campus Takeover, National Voter Education Week, Civic Holidays, and Ask Every Student. This position’s responsibilities will include, but may not be limited to, managing email correspondence to partners of these programs, recruiting new partners through webinars and personalized outreach efforts, cleaning up data related to these programs and tracking our impact metrics, hosting trainings for program partners that support their efforts, and creating digital materials to be used in social media campaigns. This position reports to the SLSV Coalition Deputy Director.
The Program & Communications Coordinator is responsible for the following:
- Assist with the day-to-day operations and logistics of different SLSV Coalition programs, including Campus Takeover, National Voter Education Week, Civic Holidays, and Ask Every Student.
- Work with other SLSV team members to manage email correspondence and newsletters related to these programs using Mailchimp and EveryAction.
- Support programmatic partner recruitment efforts by conducting outreach to new partners and presenting at online and in-person events.
- Empower external partners in these programs by assisting with the creation of resources and hosting online trainings that strengthen their engagement with our work.
- Maintain data related to these programs measuring partner recruitment and engagement efforts as well as overall program impact using Google Sheets and EveryAction.
- Update different programmatic websites in partnership with the SLSV Coalition’s Communications Manager and Campus Engagement and Support Coordinator.
- Support in creation of digital designs for the programs above – including but not limited to webpages, toolkits, recruitment materials, and social media posts.
- Prior experience working on multi-faceted projects in a fast-paced work environment
- Ability to juggle competing demands and prioritize without sacrificing quality
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work both independently and in a team environment with a fully remote team
- An understanding of the historical context for racial inequity and a drive to make creative and concrete changes through student democratic engagement programs
- A proven commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion and more broadly, the SLSV Guiding Principles
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent communication, presentation, and writing skills in both conversational and professional tones – especially in email correspondence and marketing materials
- A track record of developing and maintaining strong working relationships with and among a diverse group of stakeholders
- The following are a plus but not required:
- Experience using Mailchimp and EveryAction
- Experience using Canva
- Experience using WordPress and Squarespace
- Experience with civic engagement activities on college/university campuses
The SLSV team is dispersed across the county and works remotely. This position is fully remote but may require travel 2-4 times a year.
SLSV at NEO Philanthropy is an equal opportunity employer. We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other legally protected status. Women, people of color, LGBTQ+ candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Regular, full-time, Exempt
Expected Start Date:
March or April 2024
Salary & Benefits:
Salary range for this position is $53,000 – $58,000 annualized, commensurate with experience.
Through NEO Philanthropy, this position is offered a full benefits package, including 100% medical coverage for the employee and 90% medical coverage for dependents; 100% coverage for vision, dental, life/AD&D, long-term disability. NEO also offers a 401K retirement savings plan, Healthcare Reimbursement Arrangement (HRA), Medical FSA, Dependent Care FSA, commuter benefits, Employee Assistance Program, other supplemental benefits and paid time off.
NEO follows CDC guidance regarding staying up to date with COVID-19 vaccinations and boosters. Accordingly, and in order to ensure the wellness and safety of our staff to the greatest extent possible, NEO requires the COVID-19 vaccination and boosters for all staff. Requests for medical and/or religious exemptions from the vaccination requirement will be considered on an individual basis.
How to apply:
Please send one attached document (preferably a PDF) containing a resume and answers to the three questions below to firstname.lastname@example.org with “SLSV Program & Communications Coordinator – FIRST & LAST NAME” in the email subject line. Please do not send a cover letter. Please include your preferred pronouns within your application materials.
In your document, please answer each of the following three questions in no more than 3-6 sentences each:
- What interests or excites you most about this role with the SLSV Coalition?
- Which of your past experiences make you uniquely qualified for this specific position, and why?
- Why do you think it is important to support college students’ participation in our democracy?
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until the position is filled. Early applications are encouraged.