Campus Engagement & support coordinator
About the Organization:
Founded in 2016, the Students Learn Students Vote (SLSV) Coalition is a diverse group of over 400 local, state, national, and student nonpartisan organizations working with nearly 2,000 college and university campuses. We’re the national hub and the largest nonpartisan network in the United States dedicated to increasing student voter participation and civic engagement. Through data-driven approaches and by working with organizations, campuses, and individuals, we design and advance a shared agenda around political learning and college student voting. The Students Learn Students Vote Coalition is a fiscally sponsored project of NEO Philanthropy, a 501(c)(3) organization.
The SLSV Coalition Campus Engagement and Support Coordinator works directly with SLSV partners, whether college campuses or nonprofit organizations, to support their student voter engagement efforts through our various programs and resources. This position will recruit new partners and advance the work of current partners using our existing resources and programs such as Ask Every Student, Campus Takeover, and our various subcommittees. As needed, this position may work with our coalition partners to create new resources, or iterate existing ones, to better support our campus and nonprofit partners. This position reports to the SLSV Coalition Deputy Director.
The Campus Engagement & Support Coordinator is responsible for the following:
- Support campus and nonprofit partnership recruitment, retention, and empowerment efforts throughout the SLSV Coalition by coordinating with the SLSV partnerships, communications, and program teams.
- Create, distribute, conduct, and track training sessions for campus and nonprofit partners.
- Provide personalized, one-on-one support, training, and strategic consultation to campus and nonprofit partners.
- Assist with the day-to-day operations and logistics of the different SLSV Coalition programs including Ask Every Student and Campus Takeover.
- Coordinate the creation, centralization, distribution, and tracking of SLSV Coalition resources through the Resource Library in partnership with campus and nonprofit partners.
- Facilitate ideation sessions for the Coalition, ensuring that partner/stakeholder perspectives are being centered in resource and strategy development.
- Support SLSV Coalition Subcommittee co-chairs in goals related to resource development and training.
- Design and upkeep Ask Every Student’s website on Squarespace.
- Provide graphic design support as related to resources or information visualization, as capacity allows.
- As needed, support the coordination of research opportunities through the Student Vote Research Network.
- A track record of developing and maintaining strong working relationships with and among a diverse group of stakeholders
- Prior experience working on multi-faceted projects in a fast-paced work environment
- Able to juggle competing demands and prioritize without sacrificing quality
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work both independently and in a team environment with a fully remote team
- An understanding of the historical context for racial inequity and a drive to make creative and concrete changes through student democratic engagement programs
- A proven commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion and more broadly, the SLSV Guiding Principles
- Experience with civic engagement activities on college/university campuses
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent communication, presentation, and writing skills
- The following are a plus but not required:
- Experience using Canva and Squarespace
- Previous human-centered, resource design experience
The SLSV team is dispersed across the county and works remotely. This position is fully remote but may require travel 2-4 times a year.
SLSV at NEO Philanthropy is an equal opportunity employer. We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other legally protected status. Women, people of color, LGBTQ candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Regular, full-time, Exempt
Expected Start Date:
Salary & Benefits:
Salary range for this position is $52,000 – $57,000 annualized, commensurate with experience.
Through NEO Philanthropy, this position is offered a full benefits package, including 100% medical coverage for the employee and 90% medical coverage for dependents; 100% coverage for vision, dental, life/AD&D, long-term disability. NEO also offers a 401K retirement savings plan, Healthcare Reimbursement Arrangement (HRA), Medical FSA, Dependent Care FSA, commuter benefits, Employee Assistance Program, other supplemental benefits and paid time off.
How to apply:
Please send one attached document (preferably a PDF) containing a resume and answers to the three questions below to email@example.com with “SLSV Campus Engagement and Support Coordinator – FIRST & LAST NAME” in the email subject line. Please do not send a cover letter. Please include your preferred pronouns within your application materials.
In your document, please answer each of the following three questions in no more than 3-6 sentences each:
- What interests or excites you most about this role with the SLSV Coalition?
- Which of your past experiences make you uniquely qualified for this position, and why?
- Why do you think it is important to support college students’ participation in our democracy?
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until the position is filled. Early applications are encouraged.